..........

food and consumerism for strong stomachs, livers and wallets in china. also the occasional ranting.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Touchdown in the Motherland

CHINA ARRIVAL: Monday, May 6th 2007 @ 11:30pm
My new home is going to take some getting used to, to say at the very least. Took the direct flight from JFK to Beijing and then connected to Shanghai. Severely hungover, fatigued and with BBQ smoke still in my pores, I slept almost the entire flight through. Got my first flavor of China when I got hustled at the Air China gate for my check in. The Chinese bitches at the gate were cold as hell and made me pay an extra half of my original fare to check in my oversize luggage, plus they made me buy a Canal St. luggage at a 300% markup. Felt chumped and Chef reminded me that we are moving into the "Land of No Customer Service."


The new chapter of my life is a downgrade in some aspects sure, but I'm hoping the risks I am hedging on will bring insanely great
returns sometime in my lifetime. Woke up during my flight to find a nasty Sizzler-style dessert with a jelly candy sunkist lime wedge on top. Perfect for testing out my new camera on closeups with. Stopped over in Beijing, considered playing a hand with the China Welfare Lottery... Didn't feel like hedging my lucky numbers against someone's foodstamps though.

No comments: